Friday, December 24, 2004

Reason #4,764 Why I Love My Husband

We went out to dinner at Sonora Cafe for Sweet William's birthday last night. (Yes, his birthday is right before Christmas. Yes, it makes it hard to get people together to celebrate. Yes, he does not usually have a lot of fanfare surrounding his birthday, although to be fair, he wouldn't want that. Yes, I am going to stop this parenthetical conceit right here.) When he ordered their signature pork chop, he was told they had just run out of the pork chops. He then ordered exactly the same thing I did (duck tacos, at his recommendation), and when the food came, periodically ate off my plate.

"How is it that we can be eating the exact same thing and you still have to eat off my plate?" I asked, mildly indignant.

Without missing a beat, he said, "It tastes sweeter off yours."

He is exasperatingly cute.

No comments: