Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I am writing. Just not here.

To all: my deepest apologies for slacking off on this blog. I don’t know if you care, but I do feel sad that I haven’t been able to blog here. I have gotten back to working on my book, which is good, but I have also allowed myself to be distracted by myriad other things (like stuff I am researching on the Internet) instead of maintaining this blog. Added to that, my time on the computer is limited because my Smooch-Head (read: Viva) is jealous of any time I spend sitting in front of it. This is mainly because she wants to (a) type on the keyboard; (2) move the mouse’s trackball around; and (IV) watch endless slideshows of herself and various family members on the screen.

What am I to do? I turn off the computer and go play with her. Which means I don’t write here.

So as I said, I’ve been researching stuff on the Internet. What, you may ask, have I been looking for?

I’ve been looking at cars. My lease runs out next year and I’m trying to decide what to do. Since we now have one car and one SUV, we have decided to do a switch. I am going to buy a small SUV and once it is paid off, Honey is going to sell his SUV and buy a car. New cars are yummy. But I will probably buy pre-owned/certified this time. Of course, since you are so smart, you are asking, why don’t they just switch cars?

1. Because Honey’s SUV is 10 years old and doesn’t have all the safety features we would like in a car for our Smooch-Head to ride in.

2. Because my car is leased (for tax purposes) and we don’t want to buy the car at the end of the lease. Don’t get me wrong, I have loved my Passat. But I keep saying to myself: “This would be the ideal car, if only…” Once you find yourself doing that, it’s time to move on. It’s a car, not a person, after all.

3. It’s really none of your damn business, now is it?

I am leaning toward this, although it seems doubtful that we can afford it. I also like this, and this. Oh, and this. Hee hee. Honey is dying to buy this (for himself, not for me). Maybe a boatload of money will drop from the sky and make this all possible.

Don’t laugh, it could happen. It could!

I’ve been looking at shoes. I love shoes. Have I mentioned lately that I’d like a complete wardrobe overhaul and at least 3 new pairs of shoes? Especially since the weather here in Los Angeles has actually turned somewhat fallish? I like these. And these. I’m pretty sure there are more; I’m just too lazy to look up more links at the moment (and remember, I only have limited time as it is. I’m just saying.)

I’ve been looking at preschools for Smooch-Head. I think I have found The One. You have no idea how happy this makes me. I have talked to 9 schools, done “drive-bys” of 15 just to see what they looked like from the outside, and Viva and I have visited 4. Since I am an incurable worry-wart, this whole process has really been torturous. But finally, finally! I have found the place. That’s it. I’m done.

And so is this blog. Until next time…

No comments: