Monday, October 04, 2004

When do we qualify as an old married couple?

Hey, it’s October. Hey, today is our wedding anniversary. We have been living in wedded bliss for three years now. Dearest Honey called in sick this morning, partly because it is our anniversary and partly because we were both so exhausted yesterday that it didn’t feel like we had much of a Sunday at all. Viva has not been sleeping well because she has a cold and she is still working on that fourth bottom tooth, which is taking its sweet dang time coming through.

But hold the phone! I haven’t yet described our Saturday night, which was yet another reason we were tired. Through the Diva (my sister-in-law), we got free tickets to a John Kerry fundraiser at the Avalon, where we saw Lisa Loeb and the Black Eyed Peas. I want to like Lisa Loeb, but I was actually kind of bored during her set. The Peas were phenomenal, a great live band. What a lot of fun! We had a great time, but since we are old fogies, Sunday was pretty tough with a toddler. Especially because she only napped for about half an hour all day.

So today on our anniversary, we went to breakfast at Highland Grounds, where we first met and where our wedding reception was held. Honey had French toast and I had the breakfast combo #1. Then he took Viva to visit his dad, and I went off and had a mani/pedicure and did the grocery shopping. Whee! Now he is off having his private time and we will go to the park later with our little progeny, who appears to be something of a prodigy (I am about to bust from actually using those two words in the same sentence). I say prodigy because Viva is only 18 months old, but is talking in sentences and can already count to 5. It is freaking me out a little bit.

No comments: