Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

My company leases office space in a fairly large office building. I had a reserved parking spot for one month, and let me tell you, that was heavenly. However, I only had it thanks to some technical snafu. Henceforth, I have had to look for a space just like everybody else. This is usually okay, unless I need to drive somewhere at lunchtime, and quite often when I return, I end up having to leave my keys with an attendant and let him stack my car. This, too, is okay, unless at the end of the day I am running late and need to go get Viva, at which point I need my car ten minutes ago and don't want to deal with all the shuffling cars around to get mine out.
My sister-in-law, the Diva, mentioned that she just "calls on the parking angels" when she is trying to find a spot, and it always works. This sounds a bit ridiculous, I know, but one day as I was driving back into the parking garage during a particularly busy time of day, I remembered the parking angels and decided to visualize a space as I was driving in.
It works. Every single time. For weeks, I have not needed to leave my keys with anybody. I relayed this to Sweet Dub last night as we were going to bed.
"Why don't you visualize a big bag of money in that space?" he said, turning his back on me and flumping into his pillow. "Sheeit."
I may just try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Cee in SF said...

Baby steps. First, master visualizing and finding the parking spot. Then, master visualizing and materializing funds from thin air. Let me know how that goes.

TwinsGoddess said...

Isn't that what "The Secret" is all about? It sounded like a bunch of hooey to me when I read about it, but it seems to be working for you...

Lisa Blah Blah said...

Hey, I'll try it. Even if it does sound like hooey (which, yes, it does).