Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Where Do I Start?

I have a moment to blog, and I barely know what to do. Rather than going over all my health issues (I promised last time I wouldn't, remember, and I'm keeping my promise), I'm just going to jump all over the place with random bits.

Viva
Turning 4 in less than a month. She has talked at me about her party pretty much daily for the last six months, without even a break for Christmas. Do you understand what I'm saying? The child would not even let Christmas distract her. Needless to say, the party planning is in full swing.

Sweet Dub
Working 11-hour days these days. Exhausted. Said to me at 6:30 this morning: "Sometimes at work I answer the phone, 'Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam.*' Is that weird?"

Jean-Jean
Seems to have a girlfriend. Little calico number. Seems to like Sweet Dub better than he likes me, which is patently unfair, considering Sweet Dub doesn't even like cats.

World Peace
Still elusive as ever.

* Warning: before you click on this link, turn down the volume on your computer. The music is pretty loud --but maybe that's because I'm online during that funky woozy time when my child is kind of drifting off but at the point where pretty much anything is an excuse for getting up.

4 comments:

Cee in SF said...

Viva sounds like she inherited some Leo traits re: b-day celebrations!

You have to make friends with the calico. Jean Jean will have Dub and you'll have the calico. This is one step toward world peace. I'm sure of it.

Looking forward to seeing you and hoping you're feeling better.

Lisa Blah Blah said...

Hey, you should work in diplomatic relations. Hey, okay, so here's the things with the cats? Neither one will let us get close enough to touch them. So this is all a farce.

Jean-Jean will now let us within a couple of feet, but only if we are delivering food.

lauramacf said...

Cats will always go to the non-cat-loving person in the room. I think I read about this somewhere, long long ago. And this is really a part of their mystique. It's a little mischievous and a bit sassy, and it is very very catty. I used to have a cat, and now I have a cat allergy; I can attest to the truth of this. Cats ignored me back then, and flock to me now. They know I don't want them and that is intriguing. And it is a reason that non-cat-people generally stay that way, and why dedicated-cat-people are often (not always, but often) the type who fall for the wrong guy.

Lisa Blah Blah said...

momma ya-ya: I used to live with a friend of mine who was a cat person but didn't at that time have a cat. I did have a cat then, and as much as he would try to be nice to her, she would not ever give him the time of day. This is the same cat who used to try and sleep with my cat-loathing ex-boyfriend.

All this to say: I support your theory with my own flimsy anecdotal evidence. Because it just feels right.