Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Whee Fit

I realize I have not yet done a recap of Viva’s birthday (April 1st), and I think that is because I am still recovering. I haven’t written anything yet about how great it is that she is six and how I love this age, nor have I written about any kind “cat’s in the cradle and the silver spoon” moment where I suddenly realize that she will be grown up and gone before I know it and I’ll be sitting at home morosely tuning my guitar and making up songs about her. (Please note that I do not play the guitar. This is one of my life goals, however.)

That said, let me tell you that Sweet Dub had the brilliant idea of piggybacking onto Viva’s Christmas gift and purchasing the Wii Fit for her birthday. Viva is a natural athlete, which is constantly amazing to me as I am quite possibly the most uncoordinated and klutziest person going. No, seriously. She participates in Sports Clinic after school and has won all kinds of trophies and ribbons, including the MVP for flag football. I do not say this to brag, but as background for this purchase. Her favorite games on the Wii are mostly sports, so the Wii Fit actually made sense.

As soon as Viva opened the Wii Fit, Sweet Dub set about syncing it with our existing system and within a few seconds had completely fried both systems so neither would work. This led to a lot of stomping around and some muttered expletives.

However, several days later he sat down and worked out the bugs, and he and Viva started using it. Last night, they both prevailed upon me to use it for the first time.

I am pleased to report that (a) I weigh less than I thought and (b) my body mass index is 20.5. I am not surprised to report that the Wii balance board says my posture is wiggity wack and I’m unbalanced. I am mortified to report that my Wii age is 55. FIFTY-FIVE.

Okay, some days I may feel 55. But I am not actually anywhere close to 55. And I never drive 55. (Huh?)

Update on the 100 pushup challenge: 77. I fell off the wagon and missed a day so it’s screwed up my log. But I’m still working out and I feel pretty good.

So, how about you? How’s the family? How’s life treating you? I’m out of touch.

3 comments:

Cee in SF said...

My Wii age was in the sixties, if I remember correctly. Wii is cruel.

Good for you on your push up goal. I am at zero still.

I'm good. The family's good. Thanks for asking.

bridget in oregon said...

OMG. I am SO not getting the Wii Fit. Ever. Whose idea was that? To tell people their fitness "age"??? Weren't there any marketing gurus in the room at the time they were developing that little gem of software? Seriously.

Since hubbie got layed off last week, right now I'm just glad I have my health...knowing my fitness age would make me sick.

Lisa Blah Blah said...

Cee: Okay, but you have a debilitating condition, do you not? You have a medical issue that interferes with your mobility. I do not. I am just pathetically ridiculously out of shape.

Bridget: NOoooo, I am so sorry to hear that. Oh, girl. That sucks. Are you okay?