Monday, March 08, 2010

Simple

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
-Confucius

I have a family member who insists on making huge grand life decisions with (seemingly) nary a thought to the consequences. I don’t understand why, when faced with two possible routes on the road of life, this person invariably seems to choose the one which is clearly marked, for all to see, “Train Wreck.”

It is very frustrating to get a phone call with details of the wreck after such a decision has been made. I am never sure what to say. I try not to be judgmental (I know! Laughable!). It is difficult.

Keep things simple, I want to say. Address one problem at a time. Don’t create additional drama when you already have enough going on.

And if you can, eat a piece of red velvet cake. It may help put things in perspective.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Love this post, Mama. Yeah, there's just so much drama over stuff and then they choose more???

Frankly these people just wear me out. Trouble can find you without you looking for it...I mean...WTH? ;-)

Lisa Blah Blah said...

I really think it all comes down to your temperament. Some people really love the drama. I prefer my drama to be on TV!