Friday, July 16, 2004

Living with Lovey

Lately, I have been blogging offline – that is, typing my blog into Word when I can and then posting it later. Sometimes days later. So there will be times when you visit this page and there will suddenly be two or three blog entries where an hour ago there were none. What can I say – this is what works for me right now.

Lovey resents any time I spend on the computer because she can’t understand why I will not (a) let her push all the keyboard buttons to her heart’s content and (2) failing that, at least set the computer to “slide show,” so she can watch all the pictures of herself that I have stored here. Oh, yes, she is incredibly vain. Whenever she sees photos of herself, she crows, “I am the most gorgeous and entertaining creature in the land!” squealing and clapping her hands. At least I think that’s what she’s saying. So my moments alone at the computer are few and far between, which is why it is 5:48 a.m. and instead of lounging around in bed, I am blogging to warm up before getting back to writing my book. Lovey is in the living room doing “goga” with her daddy. She can do downward facing dog pose better than anyone you have ever seen!

No comments: