Friday, September 10, 2004

Stop the Insanity! It's Only Preschool!

Thoroughly sick of all this preschool business. I actually have an Excel spreadsheet with names, numbers, monthly tuition, and random notes about 12 schools within a five-mile radius of us. I got a message today from C., the other mom who is on the preschool warpath. She has actually checked out thirty schools. Thirty! She has personally visited most of them. And you thought I was nuts. She is a stay-at-home-mom to a 21-month-old (who is the cutest thing ever, by the way) and is seven months pregnant. Where does she find the energy?

Anyhoo, she said she really liked PS#3, where she was somehow able to get a tour. She just went today. That makes me want to scream. I do want Lovey to have the best start in life possible, but I could really work myself into a state of crazed anxiety about it all, which is clearly not healthy for any of us.

In other world news, if you ask Lovey what her own name is, she says, “Viva.” I like it. I think I’m keeping it.

No comments: