Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Blah Blah to the Nth Degree

Hello, dearies! Happy Labor Day to all.

Here (in no particular order) are the updates with what’s been going on with moi:

1. I went to the doctor last week for my annual comprehensive physical. Everything was fine and dandy until this weekend, when I received notice that one of my tests came back abnormal and I should come back and re-do the tests at my earliest convenience. Not what one wants to hear. I’m sure it’s nothing. You think it’s nothing, right?

2. On Saturday, I went at long last to have my hair color touched up. Because I’m vain like that, okay? My regular colorist, Christine (long may she reign), is on tour with an undisclosed extreme makeover reality show, so they booked me with Roger of the Two-Toned Hair. Part of Roger’s hair was platinum blond and the other part was a very dark brown and it was all spiked with gel. That should have been a red flag, but what was I to say?

So anyway, my hair was light brown when I went in. When Roger of the Two-Toned Hair rinsed my hair and brought me back to the styling station to style it, I said: “Oh! It’s RED.” “Yeah, it is a little red,” he said. “Oh my God,” I said, trying not to panic. Since I am not confrontational in the least, it was pretty much up to him to infer that I was not happy. But I think I got my point across, because then he decided to put a toner in it to get the red out. He was only partly successful. I then looked at my head and said to myself, “Well, it’s wet, so it may look different when it’s dry.” I paid up (too much for something I wasn’t happy with) and skedaddled back home. I had already been there for almost two hours and I was thoroughly sick of it.

Well, guess what? My hair is still red. I called the salon today to tell them how much I hate them and they agreed to schedule me with my regular colorist, who will be back on the 22nd. So I have to live with my hair like this until then, but that is fine, because I will trust no one else with my hair. But the salon receptionist, Marlene, and I are waiting to find out what the manager says because I told her I am not paying to have this corrected. Nor should I! And man, if they try to pull some b.s. with me, it will be on! Did I mention that my husband is a lawyer?

3. I am still fighting with Embassy Suites Hotel over $160.92, which they overcharged me in December of 2003. I left yet another message with them today. Do not ever use Embassy Suites or Hilton (their evil parent company). There, that’ll fix ‘em.

4. I am still (still!) researching preschools for my beloved cocoa puff for Summer/Fall 2005. We are visiting another one this Thursday and I am hoping to get in touch with the director of a third tomorrow. I had stopped thinking about it until I ran into a mom and baby on the playground a couple of weeks ago. They looked eerily familiar, and then I realized I had seen them on the tour of the first preschool we looked at. We talked (the moms, that is – the baby girls just swung on swings next to each other and did their girl thang) and exchanged info and now I have a co-conspirator in this whole preschool admissions evil disaster thing. She seems pretty cool. I need to call her today.

5. I still haven’t replaced our stolen sheets and towels. Nor have I purchased a new microwave. BUT! We rearranged our bedroom this weekend and moved our office area to a more sensible, easier-to-keep-BabyGirl-out-of area of the room, with a gate in front of it. AND! AND! We are finally wireless! My Genius Husband figured out how to fix it so that I can take my laptop anywhere in the apartment and not have to plug in to get on the Internet. That is pretty damn sweet, is all.

6. I had a facial today for the first time in…hmm, I honestly can’t remember when the last time was that I had a facial. It might have been when I was pregnant. No, seriously. My skin is practically vibrating with gratitude.

7. I have somehow managed to turn down two out of the three potential clients I was whining about in my last post, and the only reason I’m not three-for-three is that the third one and I keep missing each other (phone tag, you know the drill).

And that’s that. Happy September!

No comments: