Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kick Me While I'm Down!

I just received this in my email inbox:

Dear Family,

Thank you for your interest in [Very Nice] Charter School.

Unfortunately, due to overwhelming response to this year's lottery, we are unable to offer your child a space in the 2008/2009 Kindergarten class at this time.

Your child will remain on the waiting list, and should a space become available, you will be contacted based on the order of the waiting list.

We thank you for your interest in our school and wish you all the best.

Regards,
[Very Nice Principal]

---------------

That was my public school backup plan. I am breathing deeply and thinking that this is all happening for a reason. Something good will come of all this. You know what they say, "You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather."* Words of wisdom, my friends.

I need a day off.

* Outkast, "Ms. Jackson"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. I am so sorry to read all this news... (it's been a while since I checked in). I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Cee in SF said...

D'oh!

Lisa Blah Blah said...

I just ate a pile of Thai food. It takes a little of the sting off.