Tuesday, September 13, 2005

All God's Children Got Shoes

Hello, and welcome to the most trivial post I think I have ever written. I was just thinking that once I get a job, I am going to buy shoes. You may already know of my love of shoes, and you should also know that for nearly THREE YEARS now, if I include my pregnancy, which I do, I have not been able to indulge my shoe jones. This is not to say that I have not purchased shoes. I have bought a couple of pairs for specific occasions. Sweet William every now and then will say to me, "Hey, you need a new pair of shoes." But when I buy shoes, I am generally buying Viva shoes.

Sad to say, it appears I have passed on my shoe issues to my child. This morning, as I was tying the laces on her tiny pair of K-Swiss, Viva said, "Hey, no! I want my pretty shoes!"

"Which pretty shoes, sweetie?"

"The pink ones with the black," she said, referring to the sneakers I just bought the other day from Target. They are cheapie cute pink sneakers with chocolate brown suede tips. I bought them to put in the earthquake bag, since Katrina has made us more aware than ever that at any moment, we could be on the road in our jammies, if we're lucky. Viva won't let me put them in the earthquake bag. She has fallen in love with them.

They didn't match what she was wearing. Thinking fast, I said, "But you know, it's not good for your feet to wear the same shoes every day. We'll wear those tomorrow."

She frowned. I think she thought I was trying to put one over on her. But she acquiesced. Hell, if they were my size, I'd wear them. They're pretty cute.

Instead, I am still knocking about in my Gap flip-flops, even though the weather has turned coolish today. Keep your fingers crossed about my getting a job. All available funds are currently going for stuff like food, rent, car payments, and gas (shrieeek).

More soon - I need to run out to have another of my networking lunches. Think good thoughts. Think deep thoughts. Think.

No comments: