Thursday, September 22, 2005

The CD player of my life is on "Repeat"

Not much to report. Trying to get a job. Another interview tomorrow. Need shoes. No word back yet from the job I really want.

School board meeting tonight. I have to give a presentation. So not into it. Can only write in fragments.

On the positive tip: Sweet William finally sold his old Jeep, so we no longer have to worry about where it's parked and when the street cleaning days are. Besides which, nice to have some extra cash.

Viva's got a best friend at school. Her best friend hates me and will barely deign to speak to me. I think this is mainly because she only sees me when I come to pick Viva up, and thus I am taking her buddy away. I have tried my damnedest to make friends with her, but she is having none of it. At some point, I will come up with a name for her, but I don't have the energy or inclination at this time.

In other world news, now that I have a CD player in my car, I never listen to the radio. I went out and bought the new White Stripes album yesterday and you know, they really rock. I know some people out there have been disappointed with the album, but I say poop on them. Artists evolve, they innovate - that's what they're supposed to do in order to grow. Get over it!

Dear readers, I apologize for my lack of verve today. I will attempt greater wittiness on the morrow.

Edited to add: I can't believe that I am still referring to musical recordings as "albums." I bought the new White Stripes CD, dammit. God, where is my brain?

No comments: