Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Feelings, Nothing More Than Feelings

How are you feeling today?

I am feeling:

1. Sad, but appreciative. Rest in peace, Rosa.
2. Lucky. I could be here. Or here. Or even here.
3. Greatly loved. I woke up in Viva’s bed this morning, after a middle-of-the-night pee issue (hers, not mine). She slung one arm over me, pressed her giant forehead to mine, and said, “Oh! Mommy! Good morning!” in a way that made my heart helplessly and thoughtlessly swell up to the size of a dirigible.
4. Greatly loving. I’m diggin’ my hubs these days, not that I didn’t before, but for some reason I feel closer to him lately. Whatever the reason, it is nice to feel that re-sparkination.
5. Hopeful. Got a lead on a freelance opportunity. We’ll see what happens.
6. Headachy. I took a couple ibuprofen, hours ago, but they don’t seem to be working. Someone on our street is tarring their roof, and I have all the windows open because it is an overcast autumnal Los Angeles day and that is the only time I can have all the windows open. The majority of the year, I keep the windows tightly closed and the air conditioning on, because, well, it’s hot here. While I love the fresh air, I think the tar fumes are siphoning off all oxygen to my brain. Ggghhszzzch.

And you? How are you?

No comments: