Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just a Suggestion or Two

I think the new year is a good time to change all your passwords on everything, just for security's sake. Make sure you write them down in a safe place. Don't tattoo them on your ass -- first, because you'd have to pull your pants down at inconvenient times, and second, because it's hard to twist around and see them when you need them and then there you are at the ATM with your pants yanked down, squinting because you forgot your glasses, hoping you don't get arrested and wishing to God you'd picked something simpler when choosing your new PIN for your debit card.

That's all I'm saying.

Also, you may want to switch browsers. If you've been using Internet Explorer all this time, this might be a scary step for you. But I have just switched to Firefox (which, in my total non-technogeek manner, I just typed as Foxfire - GAWD!), and my friends, I am all atwitter. It's so fast! And it imported all my bookmarks from IE for me. You can read a very convincing argument to switch via this old Washington Post article. I'm even going to add a Firefox button on my blog somewhere. See if you can find it!

Whew, madness and hijinks! I need to sit down.

But before I do: if you are starting any sort of exercise program as part of your new lease on life for the new year? Start slow, my friends. I'm popping Advil today due to post-workout slivers of fiberglass jabbing into my lower back.* They say exercise is good for you, but you can't prove it by me.

* This is figurative. And slightly exaggerated. Per usual.

No comments: