Thursday, November 09, 2006

Goodnight, Ed Bradley

'60 Minutes' reporter Ed Bradley dies

I’m sad. I didn’t even know he was sick.*

Ed Bradley was one of those quietly talented people that make what they do look effortless. I never had the sense when I was watching him that he was ever out of his element, that he ever struggled to find the right word, that he ever had some scripted idea of what he was supposed to do on camera. He won 19 Emmys for his reportage, which is a damn fine accomplishment.

Thanks, Ed. We’ll miss you.

* Further evidence of my narcissistic personality disorder. Like Ed Bradley was supposed to call me personally and tell me he had leukemia.

3 comments:

LH said...

Lisa, Ditto! Bradley has long been an inspiration to me and my writing and I can't believe he's gone.

Claudia said...

It's ok...I didn't know he was sick either! :(

Lisa Blah Blah said...

I am so horribly remiss in getting back to my comments that you probably won't even read this. But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who appreciates him.