Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Day Two. Smiles and starfish.

1. Joy in my two girls every day – watching them cuddle and smile into each other’s eyes this morning. It is beautiful to watch my 5-year-old falling in love with her new baby sister.

2. Rediscovering how good it feels to work out – and rededicating myself to taking care of my body.

3. Being unexpectedly captivated by the new salt water fish tank in the lobby at work. There is a huge (maybe 6 inches across) horned brown and orange starfish on the side of the tank. I’ve never seen anything like it. It is strangely beautiful.

4. Giant bag of hand-me-down baby clothes from a co-worker’s granddaughter, three months older than my little one. A nice surprise, and so thoughtful.

5. The always-in-the-background support of my sweetie pie husband. Appreciated so much more than I can say.

No comments: