Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Physical Fitness

Hey, so the 100 push-up challenge! I started yesterday. I did my pre-challenge test on Saturday morning and discovered I could do 22 modified (on my knees) pushups. I decided to do the modified ones first and once I reach 100 of those, I’ll re-do the challenge but this time do standard pushups. I’ll be doing my pushups on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

So, Day One, Monday: 25 pushups.

FYI: I am also doing yoga on the Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule, and doing cardio workouts on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Sunday is my day of rest. Rrrarrh! (I feel very Howard Dean, even typing that.)

Stay tuned. I’m going to be a lean machine. For those who are also doing the challenge: how has it been for you? How do you feel? I’m honestly kind of surprised that I can already see progress. But that’s good for me, because too often I get discouraged if I don’t feel I’m moving forward, even though I’ve just started. That’s me, part of the Instant Gratification Generation. Ooh, look, something shiny!*

Edited to add: once again, I’ve started something without fully researching what I’m supposed to be doing. I just went onto the website to log my pushups and I realized I’m supposed to be doing SETS. Duh. So I’m starting on Week 3 and tomorrow I’ll be doing several sets of pushups. Holy crap. I’ll let you know how that goes and if I’m still as enthusiastic about the program.

* I said that to Viva the other day as a joke, and she whipped her head around and said, “Where?” Then I felt like kind of an ass. Good parenting skills!

3 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

Good job! I hope I can make it. I'm definitely taking this one day at a time. I do feel stronger, and think that my arms are already a bit more toned. I bought Jillian Michael's 30 day shred last night and plan on doing that twice a week in addition to a couple of gym days and pushups on M,W,F. I should either be fine or dead by May!

Do me a favor will u? Look at week six, day 3, column three. I started on week one, column 3. I'm already doing 50 pushups. Day 3, week 6 is a total of 167 pushups! Are they trying to trick me??? Am I the only one interpreting it that way?

Lisa Blah Blah said...

I know, I started on Week 3, Column 2, which means I should have done 72 pushups ON MY FIRST DAY. Once I got to the 5th set, I couldn't make it. I only got up to 67. I think it's because I didn't do a day of rest in between.

No, it's a trick and a trap! If you look at week six, day three, column three it's actually 274 PUSHUPS! They have you doing 9 sets! That is insane. I'm a little scared of this. What did you get us into?? LOL!

Nerd Girl said...

Oh crud! I didn't even pay attention to the fact that they doubled up on the sets! I don't think I'll be mentioning that little tidbit on my blog. :) Oh well, I'm in it for the long haul! I think.

Have a good one! :)